The Academy for Excellence in Engineering Education (AE3) offers programs for faculty that promote high-quality teaching and act as catalysts for innovation in education, particularly at the undergraduate level. AE3 quickly builds relationships with faculty upon joining The Grainger College of Engineering through our yearlong new faculty program. From there, we work to sustain and to expand faculty engagement in several communities of practice that encourage networking, shared learning, and collaborative production among tenure-line faculty, specialized faculty, and colleagues from across our campus. Through AE3’s support of these communities of practice, faculty advance new endeavors in teaching and learning that directly impact the student experience at Illinois and contribute to the field of engineering education, nationally and internationally.
“For the first time, I see us teaching like we do research: working collaboratively as faculty and feeding off each other’s excitement and knowledge to innovate in our courses.” —Matthew West, Associate Professor, Mechanical Science & Engineering
Recent AE3 Events
- Fall 2022 Lightning Symposium: Student Learning and Growth in the Post-COVID-19 Classrom
- Student Perspectives on Learning Since COVID-19
- Summer 2022 AE3 Faculty Development Sessions
- Spring 2022 Student/Alumni Panel: Intergrating Computing Across the Curriculum
- 2022 Spring Distinguished Lecture– Dr. Alejandra Magana