The Academy for Excellence in Engineering Education (AE3) offers programs for faculty that promote high-quality teaching and act as catalysts for innovation in education, particularly at the undergraduate level. AE3 quickly builds relationships with faculty upon joining The Grainger College of Engineering through our yearlong new faculty program. From there, we work to sustain and to expand faculty engagement in several communities of practice that encourage networking, shared learning, and collaborative production among tenure-line faculty, specialized faculty, and colleagues from across our campus. Through AE3’s support of these communities of practice, faculty advance new endeavors in teaching and learning that directly impact the student experience at Illinois and contribute to the field of engineering education, nationally and internationally.
“For the first time, I see us teaching like we do research: working collaboratively as faculty and feeding off each other’s excitement and knowledge to innovate in our courses.” —Matthew West, Associate Professor, Mechanical Science & Engineering
Recent AE3 Events
- LIGHTNING SYMPOSIUM Fall 2021: Stronger Together– Increasing Student Learning Through Collaborative Activities
- Event: Student Perspectives on Collaborative Learning
- Summer 2021 Faculty Development Workshops
- Training the New Masters of Engineering Instruction
- April 28th– AE3/IDEA 2021 Distinguished Lecture: Dr. Julie Martin