SIIP competitively awards education-innovation grants to faculty teams using a model similar to research-grant funding. The motivating vision for education innovation is to teach like we do research, meaning that teaching can and should involve collaboration, creativity, excitement, measurement, perseverance, and continual improvement, as do high-quality research programs at Illinois. Since 2012 SIIP has achieved marked success by bringing aspects of Illinois’ outstanding research culture to teaching, including an engaged community, collaborative projects, faculty-led innovation, rigorous evaluation, and a scholarly approach to pedagogical methods.
Preproposals may be submitted online HERE. All final proposals should be submitted by March 11, 2022.
Proposals may be submitted online HERE. All final proposals should be submitted by April 29, 2022.
SIIP Spring 2022 Events
SIIP Spring 2021 Events
SIIP in the News
- MechSE’s Leon Liebenberg, SIIP Team Use Play-in-Learning Elements to Engage Students, Foster Active Learning
- Engineers SPEAK Teaches Students to Communicate Technical Ideas
- SIIP Project Overhauls Foundational ECE Course, Benefits Nearly 500 Students Each Semester
- PrairieLearn Allows Students to Take Exams and Do Homework Online and Have them Graded Instantly
- MechSE iDesign SIIP Project Showcases Star Wars-inspired Robots on Local News
- Innovating Freshman Education Energizes Students and Faculty
- Now Seniors, First Cohort of Cancer Scholars Set to Graduate
- Cancer Scholars Program Links Education to Real-World Issues
- ME 370’s Unique “Drench Your Professor” Competition Hones Students’ Design Skills
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Partners with Facilities and Services to Create a Unique Course on Sustainability
- Engineering to Revamp Targeted Undergraduate Courses
- Engineering Core Courses Get Major Overhaul
- SIIP: Reforming Undergraduate Engineering to Engage Students