Skip to content
<– Go back
- Get yourself and your work space ready:
- Use the restroom beforehand.
- Make sure you have all the items you will need (loose-leaf scratch paper, pencils, other course-approved materials)
- Make sure you do NOT have any unauthorized materials in your work area. This includes smart watches and electronic headphones.
- Make sure you are alone and others will not enter the room. If this is impossible, let your proctor know at the beginning of the exam and refrain from talking with other people.
- Plug your devices into an outlet or power bank.
- Put your phone in Do Not Disturb mode–notifications can interrupt your connection to the Zoom meeting.
- Log in to the CBTF Scheduler 10 minutes before your exam starts. (If you are more than 10 minutes late, you will be unable to check in.) Click the green check-in button next to your reservation.
- You will be taken to the pre-check-in screen. Read the instructions, then click “Check-in”. You will only receive the Zoom link after you have checked in for your exam. Pre-check-in instructions are listed to describe what to do prior to your exam. This is mainly to prepare your workspace and materials for the exam. Post-check-in instructions are shown after the green check-in button is pressed and will include any links, procedures, instructions, etc. to access your exam.
- Follow the link you are given to your Zoom meeting on your phone or tablet. You can also find this link in your email from the CBTF. You must use the link, not type in the meeting ID, and sign in with SSO using your netID and password.
- Double check that your display name in Zoom matches your name in the CBTF Scheduler. The proctor needs to know who you are.
- Make sure to write down your proctor’s email address (located in their display name), just in case you get kicked out of the meeting, lose internet connection, etc. and need to contact them.
- Wait for your proctor to tell you to begin, then follow the post-check-in instructions in the CBTF Scheduler for accessing your exam.
- Follow the proctor’s time calls, not any timer in your exam. When time is called, stop working immediately and follow the after-exam instructions in the CBTF Scheduler. Whenever you finish your exam, let the proctor know and they will dismiss you from the meeting.
- If your exam requires you to scan and upload your answers, you must do this within the exam time. Your proctor will give you a reminder when there are 10 minutes left
<– Go back