The “DIY” Option
The CBTF can provide minimal training to course TAs and let them run all exams for their courses under the supervision of the course instructor, with no supervision from the CBTF or access to the CBTF Scheduler for scheduling. The instructor and/or TA manages all conflicts and DRES accommodations.
This would work well for small courses (under 100 students) and would provide the instructor with a lot of control.
The workshop covers:
- Possible workflow for proctoring
- Zoom proctor settings
- Ideal camera set up for Zoom
- Suggested proctor scripts – start of exam, time reminders
- Troubleshooting for typical issues encountered during online exams
- Potential problems – logistics, proctor illness, student conflicts
- Documentation – TA info, TA-section assignments, Zoom links (recurring, one-off)
- Email templates for warnings and scheduling confirmations
- Typical student issues encountered
- Practice exams
Our shared documents, including editable documents, are available in Box.
Spring 2021 Workshop
Recording of the Spring 2021 Workshop: CBTF Online Best Practices SP21 Workshop